Sens 1 : the fact of someone being away from a place
where they are usually expected to be; the occasion or period of time when
someone is away. [source : OAAD]
- The financial inspector of the kaza of Zagra-i Cedid (Nova
Zagora) had brought up a law suit against Serif Beg, much like in Haci
Nuri Aga's case, to contest his possession of the ciftlik in his and
- Members of the Shura council are required to explain their
absence from sessions in writing to the president (art.
- Maternity leave was no longer an option for many women, and the
repercussions of Susanha's absence from work only solidified that
reality to her.
Sens 2 : the fact of
someone or something not existing or not being available; a lack of
something. [source : OAAD]
- In absence of a magnetic field, all the moments point to the easy
directions (single domains are randomly oriented and the sum of
magnetic moments is zero).
- Based on these two National Plans, on the one hand, it is
perceived that Thailand has national policies that direct science and
technology but on the other hand, there remains an absence of a real
patent policy that directly focuses on patent protection.
- The relative absence of treatment research on AN is attributable
to the difficulty of recruiting sufficient numbers of participants
given the low incidence of the disorder, the challenge of treating
difficult patients who often require long-term management, and the
high attrition rate from outpatient therapy (Agras et al. 2004).